Sunday, January 12, 2014

First Few Days in China

February, 16th-18th  2010
That was the LONGEST 3 days of my life! The Korean airline flight attendants were so cute! I sorta liked the American food we had. The seats were terrible. Some of our group is weird. But I’m happy that we were able to check our emails and I got scholarships!! I’m super happy that we only have one more flight. We went and took a few pictures but missed some sweet pots and really awesome pictures of the airport =( I’m glad we get to meet Jacob soon. We found Jimmy, the one who had to fly all alone it was sad. It does sorta bug me when people are talking about you and you can’t understand them!

The long flight we were allowed to play games or watch movies with the tv on the seat in front of us. I kept turning the light on it was annoying. This kid Andrew tries to be the leader of the group and it’s annoying. Mike and Lanae are awesome! We flew with them from Seattle. Lanae was actually on my flight from Boise to Seattle too but we didn’t meet then. They are actually dating. They are nice. Quincy seems stuck up. Nora and Alyssa are nice. Parker makes weird comments sometimes. Mariah is nice but Savannah seems interesting. It’s her second time here. Shelby, like me, is glad that we are at our own school. It’s 7:20 am Thurs here and 2:20 pm Weds.  in Seattle, so 3:20 in Idaho Our flight leaves in an hour and it’s snowing here in Korea.
Later… We are in the Hong Kong temple housing now and getting ready for bed. Jacob tired us out fast. The ground is uneven and very hilly so pretty much I got the best work out I’ve had in a long time. I had to roll my bag up the hill. It was hard. A couple from London is here with their sweet accents. Sam helps Jacob and will be close to our area. He decided to stay this semester too. I really like Mike, Lanae, Nora and Alyssa.

The temple patron housing is freezing and 15 girls in 1 giant room. There were two smaller rooms. Shelby was able to get one of those for me and her since she walks fast. We are trying to go to Hong Kong Disneyland it’s like 40 dollars. We gave them 100 American dollars and got 718 Hong Kong Dollars.

We went to a seven story mall and paid $25.50 for chicken nuggets. Al the people walk their dogs at night here.

The temple was pretty but it’s small and not far from here. The chapel and baptism are in different buildings…. Or doors??? It’s a multifunctional building for half the population of the world. The mission president’s office is in it. It has the tiniest font.

The group is starting to get organized and I’m finding out what bothers me but I’m also tired, cranky, and hungry. We haven’t slept in a real bed since Monday night and it’s Thursday. I was able to call my dad. It’s Weds. Morning his time and that made me really happy. I found my lost money =) so far in H.K I’ve taken 30 pictures including one that says, “Beware of school bus” ahhahha! Nice! Found a sign saying mind your step instead of watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout