Sunday, January 12, 2014

Rough Days

Friday, February, 19th 2010
Shall I start out by saying today was . . .  difficult. My legs kill! I’ve worn holes in both my socks. Holes! Those socks are ruined. I bet we have walked at least 7 miles today and climbed close to or more than 100 stairs. Everything seems to be uphill. My legs feel terrible. I just want to cry. I was finally able to go to the bathroom after 4 days.

Oh ya the room is freezing!!!! The blankets are not thick at all and they want me to give my blanket up which kind of ticks me off. It’s hard to write about the good things when all I want to do is cry.

I’m so happy my phone works I’d be so homesick. I got to use my email at McDonalds of all places for 15 minutes. People let us take a picture with their child. They were honored. More people took pictures of us. I miss my family so bad. I’m worried about school and such. It’s annoying. At least we got to see a night life and the music with the lights at the water shooting up.

It’s good I’m able to see the positive I am super thankful for what I have but I am just having a hard night.

Saturday, February, 20th 2010
Today we went to the temple and I forgot my underwear since I was talking on the phone haha. I t was fine I blow dried the ones I was wearing. Today was crazy and long. We went to the mall for lunch. Jacob gave us 20 Hong Kong dollars. We went to KFS because the Chinese food we wanted was out. We caught the metro which Jacob paid for everything today, which is good because we paid extra for the trip. We went to Victoria Peak which was super pretty. We got good pictures and people were taking some of me it was funny.

My feet are killing me! We went to dinner and I was amazing using chopsticks for the first time! I was so proud of myself =)

So random thoughts I remembered are there are a lot of dongs in Hong Kong. My family thought they only eat dogs. Also cross walks tick and the ticking gets faster when you’re supposed to go.

Alma 26:12 popped into my head at the temple.  12 Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Names of people in our group: Parker, Adam, Carla, Mike, Marc, Lanae, Leilani, Jimmy, Kurt, Sam, Mariah, Savannah, Shelby, me, Nikki, Madi, Alyssa, Nora, Lawrence, Quincy, Kylee, Andrew, Joel, Christina, Kurt, Jacob, Gail.

Christina is great we hit it off today and I love talking to her. I let her call her mom =)


Metro was scary today. I thought and felt like I was alone.  I almost didn’t see where to get off. It was scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout