Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baptism

The family I was staying with had one of their sons getting baptized this weekend before church. They have 7 kids and they are all blonde and blue eyed. They pay their driver (yes the families here have drivers) extra on Sundays to take them to church. We were going to have to take the metro but a guy we go to church with had extra room and offered to take us =)

A hotel let us use their swimming pool and an extra room. We met up and had a few talks and signing before the baptism took place. Their oldest is 18 and going to SUU next year. Their youngest isn't quite 2 he was born in China. Little baby Liam is such a good baby. I held him all through the baptism and a while after. I even got to feed him. It made me happy.

The baptism was a bit interesting the boy, Trevon, couldn't reach at first so his dad was literally holding him up in the water. He walked with him across the pool while everyone moved. He was on his tip toes the whole time. It was such a great, spiritual day.  We went back to the room and the family had people write their testimonies or a little message while they got changed. They then did the confirmation and talked a little bit then it was time to head to church. We had to leave at 7 to get to the baptism and church starts at 10. It ends at 1 so it was a long amazing day.

I spoke in Sacrament meeting. Luckily, I got to go first and didn't have to stress about it. I didn't look up as much as I wanted to. The microphone is very touchy and is super hard to stay at one voice level the whole time.

Afterword I had a few people tell me I did well. A few people stopped me on the way to the bathroom. When I came back a guy that I look up to told me that I did really well. I brushed it off and he made sure he knew that I have a talent for speaking and for holding others attention. All day people kept telling me it was good. One lady came to find me after and told me thank you that it was really good and she loved it. It made me feel good =)

The ride home was great. Velancy and Nicole live right by my school and told me to come over often. We have a lot of fun together. It truly was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout