Friday, March 14, 2014

Sorry Guys It's Been Awhile! Random Thoughts!

So the baby class I teach can't say my name.... They asked me if they can call me ren. Seriously kids?!?!?! That means person. I told them no. They now call me C.C. like the good old days.

This old Chinese woman and I have become great friends. She comes and sits with me quite often. She asked about my family and I told her. Wo shi mei gua ren. Forgive me on my spelling. I am from America. I showed her pictures of Idaho and told her that's where my dad and mom live. She asked if I had siblings. I struggled but communicated I did. Now I know. Wo yao yi ge jie jie. (I have one older sister.) Wo yao yi gi di di (I have one younger brother).

I'm learning to speak Chinese! Not a lot. Teaching at a Kindergarten helps me pick up things. Some of it is hard but I try. I still speak in phrases and like a little kid but it works. It's extra hard here because they really stress the tones. You have to say it almost exactly correct or they don't understand you. That makes things really difficult.

I have a boy in one of my classes named Sun. I said, "Bye, Sun." It freaked me out and made me laugh at the same time. Nice!

I talked to the teacher here before me and she gave me a few restaurants to try. Oh my gosh!!!! I'm soooo glad I did! We found a place that has pictures and hilarious English translations. I will try to remember some of them. Oh Egg and Fungus. Yum.... They have a lot of things that we like: Fried rice, fried noodles, sweet and sour pork, these delicious potatoes, and much much more. The good thing is it has bigger dishes which you can share (we do that often) or smaller dishes for just one person. You can even get it to go!

An American friend here had a Chinese friend in trouble. I was going to go find him and help. Luckily I didn't have to. Now I have a text in Chinese to tell the taxi driver to take me to the new mall =) I was happy about that.  I haven't been to either of them. I am staying home this weekend. I hurt my foot (Long story) but if it's feeling better I am going to try and go explore around there and walk the opposite way I usually do from my school =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout