Sunday, March 9, 2014

Weekend Fun

The pictures are taking forever to post so I will try and blog through my email as well. We got to go on Bumper Cars for a little over a dollar! It was soooo much fun! So great!

We then were walking and tried to find the metro. We found a sign and went downstairs to try. There were boys of all ages playing basketball. I pulled out the pin yin to show them. A boy about 9 said, "I don't know." The high school boys were curious but holding back. One of them gave me a nod. I waved him over and showed him. The boys talked in Chinese and informed us we needed to take bus 16. They asked which one meaning which line and we said 2. They then told us to go the other way and get on bus 39.

On the way to bus 39 Nicole said, "Uhhhh guys.... what is he doing....?" Surely enough.. there was a man pooping right on the sidewalk. Not uncommon but not something I wanted to walk past either... we got off the sidewalk and went far away. Oh jeez. While writing this I feel like many of you don't know a huge side of me, my China side.

So we get on bus 39. In this group I probably speak the most Chinese and I am the leader. There is always a leader in the groups. I find a college age kid that gets on the bus. I ask him if he speaks English. They are always so so willing to help. He says a little. I tell him we are looking for the subway and he is getting off at the same stop for another bus. He tells us when to get off and points us in the right direction. We went places and had the best day I had in a very long time. We relied solely on the directions of others.

We got back and decided to get food (the fried rice I had been craving) I had barely eaten half and was so full. My body didn't know what to do. Sooo full 2 meals in a row. Well then we got milkshakes hahah. I waited a bit and started drinking it. The other girls didn't get food and they shared my leftovers.

From there we went to a bakery. We met an older lady from Canada and a guy from New Zealand they were actually going to the same place. We then walked to where we were staying and they had pizza. Ahhh man! I had eaten more food that day than I had in weeks! I showered it was amazing. They had a heat light and everything. We stayed up and talked a bit but we had to be up early in the morning so we went to bed.

The bed was soft!!!! Mattresses and they had the most heavenly fluffy pillows. I slept through the entire night! Wow! It was amazing! For those of you who forgot I literally sleep on a board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout