Tuesday, February 25, 2014

China!

Because I have lived in China before I really forgot how funny things are. I just read my friend Garrin's blog and laughed a lot at his experiences.  I realized I need to share more of mine.

I'm thinking tomorrow I will record me walking into some of my classes. It's hilarious to watch what happens next. The baby class has children that are not quite 2. One little boy sees me and jumps out of his chair and come flying towards me. Today I was ready. I grabbed him and lifted him in the air. The other children in the class freaked out and starting talking and pointing. It made me laugh. I continued to carry this little boy. He loves me and does this everyday. However he doesn't pay attention or participate in anything else I do that day. It makes me laugh. It is a site to see so watch FB for the video =)

We found toilet seat covers at the store. So your bum doesn't freeze. It made me laugh.

Let me describe my room to you. First off the floor is made of tile and the walls of cement. This makes it very hard to heat up and it's very cold a majority of the time. I have a huge window with a patio on the far side of my room. I never go out there because it's so dirty and usually cold. I have a student desk as my nightstand. One as a counter and two holding a huge TV that I'm thinking about moving so I'll have more desk space. I am going to rearrange my room soon. My suitcase is sitting on the floor right now. My bed is hard. It literally is a board. Imagine sleeping on that every night.

I have a bathroom in my room. It's dorm style so we share everything else. The bathroom is like ice. The water in the sink is freezing. I have two sinks but the left one is missing the pipes. The shower is tied together with a string. If I turn it on too fast the shower head goes flying off the wall. Half of the water ends up flying out the side and covers almost my entire bathroom with water. Most showers here don't have an enclosed shower. The shower head is mounted on the wall along with the water heater. My bathroom has a stand and a squatter. We do not have Western toilets. Man do I miss the convinces of back home. I truly do wish I could take turns having you here so you could experience this for yourselves.

I don't think most of you can imagine going to a country where you can't speak, read or write. You have to get food for yourself and it's an adventure every time. You struggle to communicate what it is that you're looking for. The people here LOVE us and are very friendly but I wish I could show all of you how life here is =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout