Tuesday, February 18, 2014

School

I have started teaching. Today was my second day. I was told not till Friday then yesterday at 9:12 I was informed I was supposed to be teaching at 9:00 with it ending at 9:15. It was frustrating for me because i was late to most of the classes and I hate being late. I found them all okay.

I'm fine with teaching. Most of the time I just show up and they tell me what to teach. The first two classes are hard because the teachers don't really help and expect me to know their routines. I know they will get better. I really like the rest of the classes. I go from the youngest kids (3) to the oldest (7-8) which these two classes are actually some of my favorites. The babies class is only 10 minutes.  I just have them come up and act out and move the body of which child is in front of me and just repeat myself over and over again. Jump! Jump! as I pick them up. Today I was tired. I run up and down the stairs all day. I think I have already lost weight. Then at 11 I go eat lunch. I get a 3.5 hour break before coming back to the school =) It's fun! My classes are so short I have an idea of what they want me to teach. The two classes I don't like want me to teach about 4 kinds of flowers for a week. I don't like their workbooks. I don't agree that's how children learn but I will do it because that's what they want me to do.

The first three classes are either recording me the entire time or taking pictures of me all throughout the lesson. It's funny because here in China I could care less. In America I would be super annoyed about it.

As you notice in the pictures below the don't heat the schools. The kids stay in their coats all day. Yesterday it snowed all day. You could see your breath in the classroom. I felt grateful for heating in our school systems. I love the kids but I still wish it was Friday. We are going to Nanjing =) I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout