Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Interesting Dining Experience

On our Beijing Itinerary there was a checklist of things to do. One of them was to point at a random item on the menu and order it. I thought no way would I ever do that!

Well we went to the only restaurant we have been ordering food from. I had previously lost the paper the lady we order from wrote down what we like. I was hoping if I went in there and handed her the exact amount she would know what I wanted. I thought I heard her say fan, the word for rice. I was wanting noodles and dumplings. Bethany's meal came out first and I was getting nervous.

She came back and handed me not noodles and dumplings but a mountain of rice with meat and some other stuff. I laughed. An experience I was not wanting now turned into a good one. I know where it is on the menu so I can order it again. It was food we like we ate in Beijing. Thought I should tell you =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout