Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tues and Weds

Tuesday, February 4th

Today we got up early to do Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. We were also switching hotels. They didn’t have our rooms ready for use so we left all of our stuff in the lobby and they put a giant yellow net over it. (They messed up all the assigned rooms). Then we left for the day. We were confused as to where to go in the Tiananmen Square because there weren’t many places to go. The line for the Mao Museum was super long. Will, Abby, and I (they are married) ended up crossing the street and going in shops. We went there mainly because it was warm. Abby bought a hat because it was freezing and she didn’t have one.


We were supposed to go to the National Museum but the line was very long. We skipped it and went straight to the Forbidden City. One girl had to go the bathroom really bad and asked Spencer what could she do. He told her she had to wait. She said, “Well what if I can’t?” Spencer just laughed and said, “Well, I don’t know what to tell you.” Later we were walking and they told us we had to take a picture first and she literally shoved me! Rude.


We finished more than most people in our group. Spencer went home to work and Brad was the next one done. After the Forbidden City a group went up to a park and Saebra and I lead the rest of the group, with Neo’s help, back to the Hotel.


We had a group dinner and an Awesome Acrobat show! I loved it as always. They added 3 more motorcycles to the thing at the end. I can’t figure out which guy is crazier the first one or the last one.


Wednesday, February, 5th

Today was super chill. I didn’t wake up early (well I did, I woke up on my own) but I didn’t want to go to the Olympic Park. My legs hurt extremely bad so all the free time I can get I relax in the room and just kind of hang out. I have been going to bed on time.


Then we had an amazing training by Brad. For the first time I finally understand the numbers. He taught us all in Chinese and we sang a song. It was really fun and I guess the video was really good. I still haven’t seen it! Dang. He’s a good teacher.


We had another group dinner then went to this shopping street. We found out about a festival and tried to go but then it closed at 5pm =(

The last few days Bethany has come over when she got locked out. We walked down a shopping street together. I didn’t want to buy anything. She was looking around more. We went in this hat and shirt shop and she asked about a hat. The shop guy was like a college student and said wu shir kuai. Bethany said what is that? “50?” He said yes 50 and proved that he had very good English. We said we’d come back and left.


I found a place that sold cotton candy. I really wanted some so I got it! It was huge!!! I should have taken a picture but it was cold and I didn’t want to.

We ended up going back to the shop and I found a really cool shirt that says I love Beijing with the characters. I found out this guy helped design the clothes and has his own company. The shirt is really good quality. It has a huge heart and has all the love languages on it. It’s black and makes me look good.


Bethany bought a necklace and Spencer and Brad bought some really cool looking Buddahs. It was a good day.


Oh and now I’m roomed with Velancy who is Savannah from last times little sister. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout