Sunday, February 23, 2014

Shuangpai vs Yangzhong

So if some of you have been wondering about my city I will post a few things advantages that I can think of.

Shuangpai:
Better Apartments
Easy to get to our friends
I was closer to more people there
Homey feel
Small Town
Cheaper Food
Lots of people who spoke at least a little English
Friends who paid attention to Chinese Culture
Train Station (Though it was far away)
More scenery
More of the real China
Provided us with computers
Less help from the people so more independence of trying to figure things out.
There was always a friend to help you not feel so lonely.
*** Now you have to have a passport to get a train ticket so you can't have someone get them for you if you won't be there to pick it up with your passport.****

It was 1 dollar to 7 yuan

Yangzhong:
Bigger City
Offices at the school though I have yet used my computer there.
More Access to things we need or want
Better Liaison to get things done
More English Speakers
More money for food (Food is more here though)
Kindergarten is the best!
Nicer trains and buses when traveling.

Although Shuangpai had mold I feel the apartments were much better. I am missing good old Shuangpai and Hunan. I LOVED the people of Hunan.

The Chinese people are still very helpful, curious, and happy =) I will learn to love this city I just need to go explore much much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout