Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nanjing!

Nanjing is a bit more Western with a lot of university students. There are quite a few white people. Sadly they don't get excited to see you and say hi. They just look at you like you're a weirdo. haha =p

Nanjing has subways. I think there are two lines. Once we arrive it takes us an hour to get to any of the families houses we can stay at by subway. So it takes us an hour to get to church as well. There are a few families that have offered to let us stay with them. I stayed with Ashley, who is a past China Horizons teacher who has her own contract.

There are at least three of them near Nanjing who did that. There was another guy named Russell (My last liaisons name hahahaha) who was from South Africa. He had an interesting accent. He lived in London for two years as well.

Ashley apologized to Bethany and I for the rooms not being that nice. We were like are you kidding!?!?! It was heavenly compared to what we have now. There was padding on the bed so it wasn't so hard, they had a very good working heater, wood floors instead of tile so it wasn't too cold, a much better shower than I have, and a Western toilet. Wow! It was really nice. She had her room decorated really nicely. It was great!!

There is so much to talk about that I can't do it all.

The church is one floor of a hotel they rent out. It is really nice. I'd say it reminded me of the temple there was a chandler, really nice bathrooms. (Oh Ashley provided shampoo and all the things we needed) There were around 50 people at church. It was crazy to gather than many white people that were members for church. Nothing like I had ever done on a regular basis in China the first time. The virtual (Skype) branch is still here. I listened in on that last week. I don't feel like it's worth to go to church just on Sunday i feel you should go early and see people. That was nice.

 The night before everyone was really tired but we all went over to the branch presidents house. They watched Frozen and played games. I helped him and his wife make caramel popcorn and pass it out. I had a headache so I went and laid on the floor for the move. it was so fun to have everyone gathered. They are so nice. They have two boys on missions and in July they will have 3. They have three kids  that moved with them in China. They have only been here for a few months. Their oldest son moved his senior year, then their daughter is 16ish and their youngest is 14ish I'm not sure...  I had a wonderful time and really didn't want to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout