Saturday, February 8, 2014

Oh Internet =(

My adapter is not working in my room. It worked at the last place. The internet takes forever to log onto. Sorry guys! Once I'm able to charge my laptop I'll upload some of the pictures I'm taking.

It's freezing here!!!!! This was when my laptop died awhile ago. I'll just copy and paste some of my journal I have been keeping on here then post some pictures. This is the best the internet has worked so far and I'm sooooo grateful for it!

Monday, February 3rd

It was kind of hard finding Jacob at the SLC airport. 

Our first flight went great. I talked to Mo about the Mitchells and other things in our life. She’s down to Earth and has traveled a lot.


The second flight I took Ambien on and was asleep before we had finished inclining. I was only awake less than 2 of the 13 hours. The people I was with were amazed. I slept through the whole first meal; they moved my head to close the window, and I also slept through the flight attendants passing out the arrival cards. I had a middle seat but because I wanted to sleep Ben and Mo let me move to the window. That was great! =)


Everything after that at the airport went really smoothly. We found Spencer and the other half of the group and found out that Kaylee’s bags got lost since her flight got delayed. (It finally showed up on Thursday).


We got on the bus and got told that the hotel we were staying at messed up our rooms and so we were going to another hotel for just one day. I got roomed with Molly. When we got to the hotel Molly found out that she left her brand new camera at her sister’s house and didn’t want to go out to eat. We were given 15 Yuan for breakfast. I went down to try and find Spencer to tell him and by the time they were about to figure it out Brad came.


This trip to China has been crazy busy so far. I couldn’t figure out how to get my laptop or my camera to charge. My camera made it three days on the very last bar. Dang! It was crazy! This trip has been hard so far I am not super close to anyone in the group. We have done a lot of really cool things though. Spencer is leading the group. He’s married to Tawny and they have a three year old little boy named Josh. He just turned three. Brad is a teacher who served a Chinese speaking mission in CA and came with China Horizons a year after I did. He is doing part of the training for use because since then he has stayed here in China. He has his degree from BYU in geography. He’s probably the one I like hanging out with the best.


Brad brought a high school student, Neo, with him. I asked if I could join them for breakfast because I knew they would be getting some good food. I was in a long sleeve and Brad wanted to know if I needed another jacket I said no but I could go get one if that would make him feel more comfortable. He said it would so I went and got one.


We ordered xiao long bao. It is like a breaded dumpling with soup in the middle. These ones were made different and with less soup. I had Brad order for me. On the way back he was asking if I had any other jackets. He was worried about me.


Later we went to the bank but it was still closed because of holiday. (It’s now Sat. and I still haven’t been to the bank). The first group lunch we had was amazing! The food was sooo good!!!! Then we went to the temple of heaven. I went with Will and Abby. We didn’t take our tickets but couldn’t get into the main part because you had to pay extra (though the tickets worked). It was so huge we walked all over. It was really cool.


Dinner was supposed to be with the mentors but it was super cold. I knew if I went back to the hotel then I wouldn’t go get food. Spencer, Tawny, and Brad were going out to eat and invited us so Whitney, Chelsea, and I joined them. We went to a Muslim fried noodle place where they had pulled noodles. Those were good but the sauce it had on it wasn’t. It was a super long day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout