Saturday, February 8, 2014

Friday

Friday, February 7th

Today I woke up at 6:35 am on my own. I had the hotel give us a call in the morning to wake us up. I decided that since I felt awake I’d get up and read my scriptures. It was really good and I did have a bit better day. I really enjoyed that. We then had training till lunch. Spencer explained the Amazing Race Beijing that we were going to do and I knew I had an hour after lunch. It snowed and covered everything then lightly misted all day. After lunch, I stayed with Tawny and watched Josh play in the snow. Tawny was asking me lots of questions about my life and I pretty much told her my life story.

We got back and did the race. We had three places to go in three hours and a picture scavenger hunt. The mentors got put in a group together. Ben pretty much led us and got lost a lot. We walked a ton more than we needed to and couldn’t find half the stuff. The one thing we found is because Clement told us where to go even though he wasn’t supposed to. We spent an hour looking for his travel agency. We made it back in a little over three hours. Spencer told us if we weren’t done in three hours to come back.  I was super frustrated because walking fast makes my legs hurt really badly and give me shin splints. Ben and Sabrae were walking so fast. Every once in a while they would stop and wait. I was very annoyed because I walked alone for three hours. They would even get farther ahead in the subways and not wait. I felt it was super rude of them. It was frustrating. This could have been fun.


I came back and went to the bank with Whitney and Chelsea. I really like Whitney. I love that I can be honest with them. She wanted McDonalds for dinner and that was fine with me so we went again. I got an apple pie because she was going to and it was AMAZING!!!! Soooo good! I’m exhausted. I’ll add pictures later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout