Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Nanjing- Shelby forgive me for using parts of our email!

I was sick and missed all but 2 of my classes today.  I teach the same 7 everyday.

We went to Nanjing and it was amazing! The branch their is so awesome. We stayed with a nonmember 23 year old girl that goes to church often. She's very sweet. Her and I clicked. I'm about 3 months older than her so we are very close in age. Everyone else is 2-5 years younger than I am. It's really weird.

She was apologizing about the room and I seriously felt like I was in Heaven. The heater worked, there was a small mattress, but none the less a mattress!!! on the bed =), there was a Western toilet, and a nice shower. Oh it was lovely =)

We played games at the branch president's house =) It was so great. I'm thinking about going again this weekend. Ashley didn't seem to mind either way where we choose to stay. She said if we did want to stay with the family, and encouraged us to do so at some point since it's a different experience, then we could still hang out. She's been living in Nanjing for a bit now. She's a past teacher who now lives there and has been there for more than a year. She said she would show us around =) They have an amazing bakery that has donuts! It has other baked goods that are delicious. (PS I found scones at my store! Can't wait to try them!)

I love Nanjing and it helps a ton! I plan on exploring my city a lot more =) I'll let you know what I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout